Children's Christmas Information
Programming for birth through 5th grade is available at 9:00, and 10:30 am.
Parents are welcome to keep their children with them in the Sanctuary, and activity bags are available.
Family Tables are available in the Celebration Center, which provides you with a space to bring snacks and activities to keep your children busy while the service is shown on the screen.
6:30 - 7:45 PM
Birth – 5th grade
1st – 5th graders should be dropped off at the Chapel this year, where they will have an exciting large group lesson. Kids will then split into small groups by age and dive deeper with prayer, lesson discussion, and Bible memorization.
Kids will return to the Chapel for games and can be picked up at the Chapel by 7:45 pm.
This year, elementary students will be learning Bible verses and stories from our new curriculum, “Brite” written by Awana. Lessons from Sunday will be reinforced on Wednesday in an exciting large group setting in our newly remodeled Chapel, with relevant Bible memory and engaging small group activities. Join us!
Nursery - (infant - 2 years)
Sunday Morning at 9:00 & 10:30 am
Children are divided into age-appropriate rooms staffed with a permanent supervisor and carefully screened volunteers. We pray that your child's Sunday School experience is just the beginning of a life-long love for God and His church.
Early Childhood - (age 3 - Kindergarten)
Sunday Morning at 9:00 & 10:30 am
The Early Childhood Department partners with parents to disciple children, ages 3 through Kindergarten. Our preschoolers look forward to Bible stories, playtime, crafts, songs, and puppets. Take-home lessons provide parents an opportunity to review weekly teaching.
Elementary - (grades 1-5)
Sunday Morning at 9:00 and 10:30 am
The Elementary Department is committed to partnering with parents to encourage first through fifth-grade children in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We are dedicated to teaching God's Word and providing opportunities to build relationships with one another.
Why We Do What We Do
“To nurture and equip children to know the heart of God, in order that they might have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and serve Him.”
"How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your WORD and following its rules. I have hidden your WORD in my heart, that I might not sin against you... Your WORD is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path...
Psalm 119: 9, 11, 105
- EVERY child is a gift from God.
- God’s Word should be taught and applied in a manner that is relevant to the child.
- Our role is to support and encourage families in raising their children to “love the Lord our God” with their entire being.
- Our activities and classes should be fun, creative, and carried out with excellence.
- Equipping and empowering our staff is necessary to teach children.
- Parental partnership is essential to the success of the ministry.
Cornerstone's Children's Ministry program is designed for infants through Grade 5 and runs concurrently with the 9:00 & 10:30 am services Sunday mornings.
I'm just visiting, can my children stay together?
Absolutely. We ask that an older child stays in the room with the younger child. Parents are also welcome to visit their child's class.
What safety procedures are in place?
We are committed to teaching your children the Good News of Jesus Christ in a safe, secure environment.
- All Cornerstone staff and volunteers are required to complete a Ministry Screening Application.
- Two approved workers are present in every room at all times.
- Volunteers are instructed in safety procedures, and all teachers are members of Cornerstone.
- The Nursery and Early Childhood departments enforce an identification procedure at drop-off and pick-up. It is your responsibility to sign in and pick up children on the weekly sign-in sheets, allowing teachers to know where to reach you. For safety's sake, please do not drop off your child in an unattended room.
Update Your Information
We are so excited for your kids to be a part of Children's Ministry! Please update your children's information to allow us to serve you better.
To help us keep our information up to date and to help you have a smooth check-in experience, please log in to MyCC and update your contact information. If you need assistance, either read our tutorial or give us a call at 810-227-9411!
MINISTRY WITH MINORS
Contact: Renee Hinkle-DeGroot
Director of Children's Ministry