Our Only Hope Sermon Series
The Picture Becomes the Person
may 15, 2022 | Pastor art hunt | i cor 15:51-58
- We will no longer need the picture, because we will have the ___________________.
- Our bodily _____________________ will occur when Christ returns.
- In the moment when Jesus returns two things will happen - the dead in Christ will be ________ and the living in Christ will be _____________.
- Waiting is an act of ________________ in God.
- I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word, I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than the _________________ waits for the morning.
- Isa 25:8 “He will swallow up _______________ forever."
- Nothing done in _____________ name is done in vain.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- Many of us heard our mother’s say, “wait until your father gets home” as an encouragement to listen to her. Discuss the idea of how the Bible uses the word “hope” and the affect it should have on our thinking and actions.
- What mystery does 1 Corinthians 15:51 speak of? What change does verse 52 refer to?
- Pastor Hunt told us we must be ready before that day arrives. What are some things that keep us from being ready?
- We are to watch and wait expectantly. What waiting examples in scripture do we have?
- Why should we believe that God will eliminate death for His born again children?
- What does 1 Corinthians 15:58 have to say about what our reaction should be to watching and waiting for our redemption?
- Share your own memory of someone like “Ruby Foley.” What impact did that person have?