The Discussion & Leader's Guides for the most recent sermon are typically available by Tuesday at Noon.
Digital Discussion Guide
The View from Above
REVELATION 4:6-11 | CHRIS WINANS | JUNE 13, 2021
THE CONQUERING KING
- What are some reasons Jesus is described as a lion?
- In what ways does the Old Testament help us understand Revelation 5?
- Why is Jesus described as a root of David? Why is this significant?
- Why is Jesus both a king and a priest, yet still be a branch and root?
- What function does the Lamb play in being a child of God?
- What is significant about the blood of Jesus?
- Why is the cross the key to triumphing that which opposes God?
- How do you understand the “word of their testimony” in Revelation 12:11? Why is there victory over evil when we lay down our lives for Christ?
Apologetics: The Reason for The Cross.
In today’s sermon, Pastor Chris talked about Jesus’ death on the cross as the way Jesus brought salvation and conquered his enemies. Have you ever wondered or been asked the question “Why did Jesus have to die?”, and/or the question, “Why is being a good person not enough to get you into heaven?”
Theology: The Doctrine of Christ
Westminster Confession of Faith - Chapter 8
The Lord Jesus, in his human nature thus united to the divine, was sanctified, and anointed with the Holy Spirit, above measure, having in him all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge in whom it pleased the Father that all fullness should dwell to the end that, being holy, harmless, undefiled, and full of grace and truth, he might be thoroughly furnished to execute the office of a mediator, and surety. Which office he took not unto himself, but was thereunto called by his Father who put all power and judgment into his hand, and gave him commandment to execute the same.