A One-to-One Lay Caring Ministry System
Cornerstone's Stephen Ministers are highly trained lay counselors with a heart to help others through life's challenges. If you or someone you know needs a listening friend in a time of crisis, a Stephen Minister is waiting.
Stephen Ministers are equipped to provide one-on-one Christian care to the bereaved, hospitalized, terminally ill, separated, divorced, unemployed, relocated, or those otherwise facing a crisis or life challenge.
Stephen Ministry helps our pastors provide quality, caring ministry for as long as people need it.
WHO BENEFITS FROM STEPHEN MINISTRY?
People who need care benefit, as they . . .
- Receive quality, Christ-centered, confidential care for their hurts and needs
- Find hope, healing, and a new sense of self-worth through the support of a Stephen Minister.
- Know they are remembered and supported by their congregation in times of personal difficulty
- Receive ongoing care for continuing needs long after the onset of a crisis, when many others have forgotten about them
- Grow in a deeper relationship with their Lord as they experience God's unconditional love for them through their Stephen Minister
Our laypeople benefit, as they . . .
- Discover, cultivate, and use the spiritual gifts they have been blessed with
- See themselves as active partners in the mission and ministry of the church.
- Find all aspects of their lives enriched by the distinctively Christian caregiving skills they learn and practice.
- Experience great joy as they see God working through them to bring hope and healing to a hurting person
- Grow spiritually as they experience the Lord's loving presence in community with other Christian caregivers
Our entire congregation benefits, as it . . .
- Discovers that many members want to be involved in meaningful ministry and will respond to the call to become a Stephen Minister or Stephen Leader
- Becomes a more loving community that is more sensitive and responsive to people's needs for care
- Can provide more quality Christian care so that fewer people slip through the cracks
- Can reach out to the unchurched who are hurting and introduce them to the healing love of Jesus in their time of need
- Sees itself as not only being served by the pastor but as a caring body of believers actively involved in serving one another in love
NEED A STEPHEN MINISTER?
BECOME A STEPHEN MINISTER
Top ten reasons to become a Stephen Minister
- You have the gift of mercy.
- You have the gifts of caring and compassion.
- You are a good listener.
- You earnestly pray for others.
- You share Christ's love with others.
- You understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- You understand that God alone is the cure, and you are willing to be used.
- You have a passion for people.
- You want to serve and grow in your christian walk.
- You want to impact other's lives for Christ
Perhaps, God is calling you!
Stephen Ministry is a program that provides trained men and women to meet and talk with Care Receivers about difficulties they are experiencing in their life. All of us need someone from time-to-time to talk with about those things in life that bring us hurt, loss or concern. If you feel God is calling upon you to become a Stephen Minister, we ask that you contact us :
Mike Beck – phone: (734) 904-1877 | email: email@example.com
Dawn Gallinger - phone: (810)-623-7553 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornerstone Caring Ministries at (810)-494-4013
We would welcome your questions!
We want to talk with you more and let you know how this Ministry can benefit you. God works in both the Stephen Minister and the Care Receiver.